Sunday, July 11, 2010

The 4th of July

Why spend money on fireworks when you can spend it on rocket engines? Time again for our annual rocket launch. I love this activity that we do every year. The kids always like it, mainly for the slides at the play ground behind us.

Aaron fixed my launcher so that it actually works every time you hit the button instead of at random times. Nothing is more anti-climatic than a count down followed by nothing, then another count down followed by more nothing.

This year's first flight rocket was the SR-71 Blackbird. And it survived the launch, ejection charge and landing.

I also once again win the award for the closest landing to the launch pad. I launched from the pad on the left (my right hand) and it landed there.

Big Bertha survived yet another launch and remains the oldest rocket in the family. It's flight path resembles Corkscrew a little more every year though.

3 comments:

Mama Jennie said...

What day did you do your launching? Saturday or Monday? Uncle David and I could have come, if we had remembered. We had no one with us this holiday, so we didn't do anything fun. Boo hoo.

Mama Jennie said...

Heather, I just have to tell you that I LOVE your blue background!

Harmony said...

Fun times with the rockets. Looks like you had a blast. He he. Lots of fun pictures with the camp out too. Just wanted to say hi.