Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Screaming Eagle

Here is one of the things that I've been doing with my free time. It took me about 6 months total. Two months on the paint job. A lot of wood on this one so lots of sanding, sealing and glue. The paint job is three different colors of paint. It took hours with an X-acto knife and lots of tape. Now that it is done I can start a new one. I could also finish repairs on the ones that didn't make it whole through the last launch. So in other news I have been working out still but it has been a little hit and miss in the past few weeks due to holidays and illness. Other than that I've just been working. I realized today that I only see 15 minutes of sun light on the days that I work. The last 15 minutes before the sun is set. I don't actually see the sun. Isn't working 1o hour days so much fun. Nothing else to report at this time.

5 comments:

Skye said...

Oh my goodness that is one sweet looking rocket! Was that a kit? Way to go. And how did you get the pictures on your computer?

Heather said...

The body and the decals were part of a kit. Marc actually has the same rocket. But the paint job is all custom. First coat of paint is the dark gray. Then I cut out camo shapes on to tape with the X-acto knife. Painted second coat of light gray. More cutting of camo then final coat of blue. Then remove all of the tape and you've got camo of 3 different colors. As for the pictures I borrowed my roommate's digital camera.

Aaron said...

Looks really good. Don't like the red solid patches though. What can you do when the decals come that way though. Just hope no one is looking up when you fly over with that blaring lack of camo on the bottom :D j/k.

Suey said...

Wow... how cool is that!

Stephen, Sonya, Rhea, Koby said...

Heather,
Cool rocket, but I have to admit, the thing that caught me the most was your comment about seeing only 15 minutes of sun or so because of your long work day...reminded me of Barrow right away! It was an amazing experience to see the northern lights, but also equally wonderful to experience the first few days of sunlight coming back after a long winter. :) See you soon! Sonya