Saturday, August 28, 2010

San Diego

Got sick of day to day life and took off to San Diego. It was awesome to just hang out and chill. I can now add the San Diego temple to my list of temples I've been to. Went hiking of course. Not a long one but it was the first time I'd been in the mountains in southern California.

The beach of course. And yes I looked like one of those pathetic tourists with a horrid farmers tan and really shouldn't be allowed in a swimming suit. It was worth the public embarrassment to be able to walk along the beach with my feet in the water.

We went to the Mormon Battalion visitor center and it was awesome. Highly recommend it to any one who is in San Diego.
Believe it or not went shopping. Took a lot of walks and listened to the waves a lot.

I got to have dinner with Uncle Don and Aunt Robin. It was great to see them again and catch up. I got to have my first fig outside of a newton. Also my first time having Gelato. Now that is good stuff. I forgot to take a picture though. :(
Signs of a good vacation you never want to go home.

2 comments:

Suey said...

We went to San Diego for spring break in April and I agree... it was awesome!

aubrie said...

Looks like so much fun! I miss just being able to spontaneously go on vacation because I'm sick of life!