Friday, August 27, 2010

Young Women's Girls Camp

I was the Camp Director for my ward this year. We had seven girls come this year. The MIA Shalome camp is owned by the Provo and Orem Stakes so they go to the same place every year. It has A frame cabins to sleep in which don't really keep the mice or other woodland animals out. It has a pond that the girls canoe on and hiking trails all around the camp. I didn't get to go hiking or canoing as my back was killing me from packing and unpacking the van with all the stuff. I should have delegated more of that stuff. We made tie dye t-shirts before we left for camp as our shirts this year. The girls had a great time and I loved being up there with them. Our ward was the "Ultimate Waterfront Champions of the world." They played a game where ducks, which had the values on the bottom of them, were launched into the pond and the girls had to collect a full set of the Young Women Values, of which there are eight now, and bring them back to the docks. The ward with the most sets before the time was up wins. Our girls kick it on a canoe. I even learned how to make Jewelry.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Heather, I bet you would have been an AWESOME camp director! I'm jealous of all those girls. I missed you at the reunion! :)