Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Winter Hiking

A first for me. I've never gone for a winter hike before. As with all of my hikes it was more of an afternoon walk but still great fun. Jessica is to blame for this first in my life. She's been doing that a lot lately. Advice to those younger than me out there, do stuff you've never done before you just might like it. (Not the bad stuff like drugs or anything. Don't be stupid about it.) So I lectured Jess about walking on ice and she got a smart and pretended to walk on the edge of the ice while I took a picture.
Hike continues on and a while later Jess was setting up the camera to take a picutre of us infront of Bridal Vail Falls. While she was doing that I was checking out the ice over the bottom of the falls. Then guess what happens. Yep, I step on the ice and fall through. So since my shoes are now totally wet and they aren't real snow boots, Jessica says, we have to get back. I could have made it until sunset. What's a little water on your shoes in 40 degree weather while the sun is setting in a canyon? My favorite part of hiking, anytime of year, is the sound.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Cool idea! I bet Logan has a lot of cool places to go winter hiking ... Hmm, you've given me an idea. :)