Saturday, October 6, 2012

July 2011 New Niece, Canada and Sailing


I took a week off of work grabbed Kyle and we went to the great north west. Skye added another girl to thier family. Alyssa came rather quickly and very early in the morning. Unlike past visit Skye trips we didn't do much tourist stuff with them. Just hung out at home and played games.

Kylie is listening to tunes with me.

Can't Stop was our favorite this trip.










After spending a day or two at Skye's house. We went up to Anacortes, Washington and visited Heather & Russ (the boys were in Utah at the time). They took us out on thier sailboat which was a first for me and I was really nervous. LOVED IT!!! It started out as a rather cold day but warmed up as the day went on.

I'm stearing the boat. Yeah I was not good at that.


Kyle was did an awesome job of sailing.
He knew more than I did by the end of the day.

  
We sailed to St. James Island and hiked around. It was really small and took us about half an hour. Then we grilled hamburgers off the back of the boat. Man that was a great day.

The next morning we drove to Canada. When we were asked at the border how long we planned to stay and I answered a day she looked shocked and said, "You drove from Utah to spend a day here?" I told her we were visting family in Seatle and thought we'd spend a day in Vancouver since we were so close. Yes, I forgot to take a picture when I left the U.S.A. for the first time. We spent the morning in the Van Dusen Botanical Garden.
 
It's Heather
The night before we had asked Heather and Russ what are some fun things to do in Vancouver. Heather said we should go to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Being deathly afraid of heights, I asked if there was stuff to do there besides walk across a suspension bridge that was 450 feet long and 230 feet above a river. She said yep they have a nature walk, tree top walk and other stuff. So Kyle and I went. Once there I discovered that my dear friend knowing me so well had not told me that all of the other stuff to do was on the other side of the bridge. So I could either walk across that bridge or wait in the car for Kyle. Amazingly enough I walked across the bridge. I'm sure I probably walked across it faster than most people but it was still to slow for me. Running wasn't allowed but if it had been I would have. Once on the other side I did a bit of hyperventalating and crying, sunglasses are great, then once calmed down again I enjoyed our time there.
 

 


I'm standing on a glass floor

 

1 comment: